Sunday, July 6, 2008

Busy, Busy, BUSY!!




Riley is so much fun! She is so busy...She wants to hold everything, try everything, touch everything, go everywhere. She's into everything. I keep thinking that my house is as babyproof as I can make it, and she still manages to get into something I didn't anticipate. It's a lot of work just keeping up with her. I don't even try to get anything done when she is up and around anymore. I just try to be present in the moments with her, hold on tight, and enjoy the ride that comes as part of being her mom.

A few pictures to illustrate what I mean...

She got this balloon from the grocery store clerk. She thought it was the funnest thing on the planet! She figured out that she could rub her fingers on it and get a funny noise in return, so she did that for about half an hour, cracking herself up every single time.

A quick side note...don't you love her shirt? A gift from a friend of mine...always nice to know someone thinks "I rock"!


One of Ri's favorite things to do lately is dump the toys out of her basket, and play with the basket instead.






I caught Riley on her hands and knees, drinking out of Harley's water bowl the other day. I made her stop lapping up the water, but still grabbed the camera to document the action. What am I supposed to do about this one? I can't NOT give Harley water, and Miss Ya-ya can get anywhere so quickly.... I'm afraid she's going to be sharing water with Harley a few more times. Oh, well. It's good for her immune system.



Finally, I made this sugar-free pumpkin frozen mousse the other day, and I decided to let Bug go to town on the spoon I used to mix it up. She was all over it! This picture doesn't even due justice to the HUGE mess she made. I had to throw her in the tub afterwards. Oh, well. I want her to embrace all things in life...including pumpkin mousse!

1 comment:

beck said...

She is so awesome.