Friday, August 1, 2008

11 Months Old!



Riley is 11 months old today, and I am blown away by how fast the time has gone by.  It's amazing to me how much she grows each day and how much she has learned in such a short amount of time.  

At 11 months, Riley: 
  • Weighs 26 pounds and is XX inches long (will fill in tomorrow, when I wrestle her down to measure her).
  • Has a TON of reddish blond hair - I swear it thickens each and every night.
  • Crawls everywhere - nothing gets in her way...she goes over, under or around all the obstacles. 
  • Can stand alone for short periods of time and has taken 2 steps by herself. 
  • Pulls herself up to everything. 
  • Still loves to play in water - baths, swimming pools, the ocean...you name it..is it's H20, she's good to go! 
  • Loves music and will "sing" along whenever she hears it - especially in church, to the amusement of everyone who sits near us!
  • Is OBSESSED with the electrical outlets - she figured out how to remove the normal covers and how to work the twisting ones, but I stumped her with lamb and elephant shaped covers.  She can't figure out how to get her chubby little fingers into the grooves to pull them off (ha ha - score one for mama!)
  • Loves to read books - her favorites right now are "Tails" and "Fuzzy, Fuzzy, Fuzzy".  We read these at least 3 times a day. 
  • Likes to watch TV first thing in the morning, especially "bunnytown". 
  • Shakes her finger and gives little "lectures" if she isn't happy with something.
  • Oreo cookies are her favorite special treat (note the above pictures). 
Riley is truly the brightest, best thing in my life and I get very emotional when i think how much love and joy she has brought to my life and the lives of our friends and family in the past 11 months.  I love her so much!  She is such an awesome kid and I am so lucky to be her mama. 

2 comments:

beck said...

She is so cute! (Like I even need to say that.) I love the squinty eyes in that second picture.

Mama Nita said...

She is darling.....takes after her Grandma Nita. Talk about red hair! I can't wait to see everyone again. Love, Mom