Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Love my bug!

Riley fell in love with one of her christmas presents, so I let her open it early. (I know, I know...mother of the year, right here!) She played with her train for over an hour!

Then she moved on to playing with my shoes. She will go into my closet, carefully select the pair she wants to play with, and take them to this exact spot. Every single time. She's so funny!


This little smirk just melts me. I can see me in this expression.

Another goofy Riley face that I'm seeing a lot these days.

Kissing on my bug. She is super-cuddly in the morning, so I take advantage!

I just adore this kid, and am so grateful to be her mama.

4 comments:

Brynne said...

she is growing up! she looks so old! i would invest in a pair of pumps for that little lady!

Erin said...

I recently heard somewhere that's it is actually not a bad idea to spread Christmas out over the month, kind of like an advent calender but more special. That way there isn't all of the build-up to Christmas followed by a crash the day after. Not unlike like coming down from a sugar buzz. I am thinking about trying that with Piper next year. It also makes it more fun for us. I just told someone the other day that it is nice to get excited about holidays again. We get to relive it through them.

beck said...

She is so big! My baby bug is growing up so fast! We cannot wait for your arrival...I still love that you would rather drive 12 hours than have a 2 hour flight with the bugness. Cracks me up!

Amy said...

I"m also driving to bring the twinners' stuff out. But yeah, I am as exhausted at the end of a 2 hour flight with crazy child as I am after a 12 hour drive, so it's sixes.