Tuesday, November 6, 2007

just what we needed...

It's funny how you slog away at life, waiting for a break, waiting for something to pick you up and remind you that life can be sweet and easy and enjoyable. That is what this past weekend did for me.

I often take time these days to remind myself all the ways that I am blessed, and remember how the Universe has been looking out for me. To sit quietly with my beautiful baby and feel the joy and awe and wonder that she brings into my life. This is an important thing for me to do as I recover from recent assaults and try to bring order, peace, and harmony back into our lives. Time like this past weekend are crucial in reminding me that life really is wonderful, and that it is so important to make time for those you love and those who love you back unconditionally. I was reminded that treating myself well is a critical part of healing and that I need to be as nice to myself as I am to others, that laughter truly is the best medicine and that it sometimes you have to go back to places you love to find room to breathe again. So many lessons, so much laughter, so much love, for Riley and for me. It's times like these that are just what we need.

A few pictures from this weekend.




Riley-bug and me on our condo balcony. We spent a lot of time out here, rocking on the swing, watching the boats on the lake and the sun move across the sky.



Jade demonstrated many gymnastic feats. This was the beginning of a spread eagle.



Riley got to spend time with her namesake, Aunt Becky. They are so alike in so many ways already. Spending time with my sister is so good for me. Love you, Beck. You have no idea how much I rely on you right now.



Me and my Ri. I love her so much.



Silly one of me, I know, but it was great to be surrounded by my family. Me and Riley need to surround ourselves with people who love us and everyone in this picture has been so great to us.


Shannon has given me such good advice, has listened to me talk through things, has said some really insightful things, and can predict, almost exactly, the next thing that will come up in my life. It's almost eery how dead on she has been on so many things. Plus, she loves Riley and Riley loves her. We are so lucky to have her on our team of angels. Love you, Shan.

For those of you attending the bridal shower, I will post more of the fun pics tomorrow. I am still waiting on some emails so I can truly represent what went on there.

2 comments:

Brynne said...

That was the funnest night I have had in L O N G time! thanks Amy! You threw an outrageous party!

Carrie said...

I second what Brynne said. . .that was such a fun shower! I have a few picts of jade doing gymnastics but I think I took the most with your camera. . .I wanna hear about the rest after midnight! So fun Amy, thanks!!!