Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Riley and the washing machine


One major renovation I recently made to my condo was to install a washer and dryer. This was a pretty major project. New plumbing had to be installed, the whole electrical system had to be updated and I had to knock out a closet and remodel part of my hallway. Well, i didn't do it. My incredibly talented family took care of me, but you know what I mean. It was a big project but it has been a huge lifesaver for me. Carting a baby and laundry up and down the stairs to my building's laundry room was a huge pain when Riley was first born, so I'm extra appreciative of this convenience.

Someone else in my house loves the washer and dryer, too, although for entirely different reasons. Who knew that Riley would regard watching the washer spin as her own personal action movie? She will sit in her walker and watch it was for quite a while. When the bubbles splash up on the front, she'll shriek and giggle. She claps when it starts to spin. It plays a little tune when it's completed the cycle, and she bobs her head in time with the music. It it's not running when she wants to watch, she'll bang on the washer and point. It's really pretty adorable. I'm definitely staying caught up on my laundry with her encouragement.



No comments: