Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Angels, Ikea, and the holy hand of Swen

Riley and I seem to have a team of angels looking out for us. These angels are all earthly beings, but their ability to tune in to what we might need has been nothing short of amazing.

Today, I spent hours with one of our angels wandering around Ikea. Sounds mundane, but we seriously had the best time laughing at stupid things, buying all sorts of weird stuff, and threatening to leave "ikea love notes" on certain people's cars. Jacquee just gets me, and it's so nice to have her around. Jacquee, I love you. You are the greatest. I don't have a picture of her to post, but trust me, she is one of the nicest, most sincere, most intelligent people I am lucky enough to know.

Wandering around Ikea with Jacquee got me thinking about the various angels that Riley and I are lucky enough to have in our lives. Family, friends, even casual acquaintances who are quickly becoming good friends make up this category. These are the people I can go to for help, call for a vent session, ask to babysit. You name it...if I need it, they are happy to provide.

They are the ones who took care of me and Riley when we needed it the most. One of these angels showed up in the ER when I was there with Riley, just to sit with me so I didn't have to be there alone.


Another spent all afternoon on her Saturday off hanging out with Riley and I on the unit at PCMC that she works on and swore it was fun for her :).


Yet another lets me call her and express any emotion or thought I have, with no judgment or recourse, and then gets me laughing about the holy hand of Swen (you had to be there).



There are so many more, I can't name them all, but I do want to thank all of our angels out there. I'll definitely be posting more on this subject as time goes by, but for now: Thank you. You know who you are. What you might not know is how much we love you.

1 comment:

beck said...

(makes pointing motion with hand, floating, singular, holy hand...)