Monday, October 22, 2007

New beginnings




This blog is to chronicle the journey Riley and I are on as we begin a new life as a single mom with an adorable 7 week old baby girl. I guess since Ri is only 7 weeks old, her life is technically pretty new anyway, but I certainly never imagined starting my journey into motherhood as a single mom. Life is what it is, though, and this is how it has turned out for us.

While I'm not technically divorced yet, Riley and I have been on our own since she was born. We have had some support from amazing family and wonderful friends, but the bottom line is that we have to find a way to be our own kind of family, even if it wasn't what I originally had in mind. So I'm trying to bend and flex and find a way to make this new life work for both me and for Riley.

I know things are going to be hard sometimes. I am expecting to have many long days and lonely nights, but ultimately I know that both Riley and I will be better off finding our own life and our own kind of family. But for now, here are a few shots of the baby girl who has so thoroughly gripped my heart. She makes everything I will face in the next few months completely and totally worth it.

5 comments:

Brynne said...

Wow! Amy, I am amazed at your strength! You seriously, seriously are such an example to me! Thanks for showing your strength! I read your blog and want to be like you! p.s. Riley is B E A U T I F U L!!

Mama Nita said...

OF COURSE!! Shes beautiful....she is one of my 6 Granddaughters and she is bound to be gorgeous...You are a great example to me Amy, and I Love YOU! Love Mama Nita

Camz :-) said...

We want to be part of your family. We love you and Riley so much. She is beautiful like your Mama Nita!

beck said...

Love you guys!! And everyone, I have dibs on this baby-she is MINE!

Katie said...

Be sure and let me know if you guys need anything. I love you both!